I started this make this piece in the beginning the of month just for my room but then i kind of forgot about it. Over the past weekend, during some cleaning i came across it and decided to finish it! It was super easy and would only take a couple of hours.!
So let’s start..
- Canvas (I’m using a $3 one from Dollarama.. that i previously painted on as well)
- 10 magazine pages cut/ripped into strips
- Watered down glue in a bowl (see video)
- Black paint (1.25 at michaels)
- Small paint brush
- Mod Podge ( 160z $10)
- Dip one strip into the bowl of glue, make sure you remove excess glue just so it’s not dipping heavily.
- place the strip onto your canvas starting at one side and working your way across and then down. ( I put some strips straight and some crooked leaving spaces between line, you can fill in later with paint)
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 till your canvas is complete.
- Let your canvas dry for an hour or until dry.
- Use the paint to follow the outline of the strips, sometimes following the pattern and line that are in the content of the strips to make different outline shapes.
- Let paint dry for 20 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- Paint 1-2 coat of Mod Podge all over to finish your Wall art with a professional glossy shine.
absolutely love how this product turned out! it was super easy because it doesn’t take any planning it was definitely a great go with the flow project. This combines the technique of paper mache and idea of painting which really makes this original and different but surely fun for ALL AGES!
Thanks for watching and Reading! if you enjoyed please like this post and please leave some feedback, would love to hear what you guys are thinking!
Follow us on instagram to support the blog and stay connected !